I have a work around but thought I get this out there.
If I set a PerformFind with a variable and the variable is blank or empty, my result did not return what I expected.
If you do a refind you will see that the variable that was blank or empty has the actual variable name, in which I believe makes the find then fail. This has to be a bug.
The work around is...
But if I broke it down with individual steps: Find Mode then set the fields with the variables then performed find, I did get what I expected.
File attached has a few different approaches. Notice the that the first record has nothing in the Code field. Keep this as the active record for the scripts.