AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script for Biology/Science Summaries

Question asked by Ent_Lab on Dec 21, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2017 by Ent_Lab

Hello, everyone,

I have looked and looked for a similar issue to mine regarding scripts here in the community. HELP! I'm missing something simple, I'm sure, I just can't see it and need your eyes.I have replicated a script that works in one database, but not the new one. The successful script runs totals from a summary field. The new script is an exact copy, yet my total (sum) is not working.

The successful database runs once a button on the form layout is hit. The script then goes to the report form, which has four fields; 1) TotalNumber, 2) a summary field of TotalNumber called #specimen, 3) Lure, and 4) Species. When the script is run, since fields 1), 3), and 4) are related, we get totals for them with their respective lures and species. As you can see from below, the field 1) does not show up, but we get our 2) totals from it. As data is added, the total will change. When I hit my button, the expected script outcome looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 3.09.55 PM.png

Screenshot of the successful script:

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 3.00.54 PM.png

The new database is exactly the same, except the tables are named differently. Here is what happens when I hit my script button on the form layout:

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 3.28.52 PM.png

It returns 49 records, but I can't see them. I hit Sort, and that doesn't work. Here is a screenshot of the script:

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 3.26.56 PM.png

What did I miss here? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas! --Angela

Outcomes