I am again tinkering with a system to update offline files. It works, but I am trying to improve it and in the meantime I realized I dont even understand why it works. This is all happening on iOS with the SDK in place.
- An update to the app is installed, which installs a new copy of the .fmp12 file. Now there are two files on the device.
- During the update process, a script closes the current file.
- Then, the newer automatically opens This brings up questions:
- How does filemaker decide what file to open when a file is closed?
- Does it always open the most recently installed application?
- What if there are two files on the device and neither are open, which one will it open?
- Then, the script uses a pause 2 seconds, and that re-opens the old file. This makes no sense to me, why does the old file re-open when a pause is used on the new file?
Would love to understand this whole process better or read up on how this works if anyone has any information.