January DIGFM Meeting
FileMaker + Zapier = Simple but Intense Automation
Ken d'Oronzio of Paradise Partners and soSIMPLE Software comes to DIGFM remotely to show some really cool tricks using Zapier and FileMaker 16's new Data API. He showed this during his DevCon presentation "Automate the REST". Using these two connected services and the free fmGateway app from soSIMPLE Software (http://sosimplesoftware.com/zapier), you can easily hook your FileMaker solution up to hundreds of web services without any coding.
- new leads from your website can be automatically collected into your database
- ecommerce orders can be imported automatically
- SMS updates can be sent automatically to alert clients in changes to their order
- customers can be automatically subscribed to your newsletter
- invoices can be sent via PayPal or Invoice Ninja (http://invoiceninja.com/)
- updates can be sent to Slack and vice-versa
Ken d'Oronzio is an partner at Paradise Partners, Inc. and lead developer of soSIMPLE Calendar. He's a two-time speaker at the FileMaker Developers Conference and loves to play around on the rugged landscape between FileMaker and the rest of the known world.
Date & Time
Thursday, January 11, 2017
6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
5201 Patrick Henry Dr.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
You can also dial in using your phone: United States: +1 (571) 317-3129
Access Code: 510-096-773
Audio PIN: 30 #