bookalaka

Filtered Portal to Calculation Field

Discussion created by bookalaka on Jan 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 by philmodjunk

Good Day and Happy New Year!

I'm having fits because I can't figure a solution which seems obvious. I have multiple Objects (Tabs) with a global field to filter information on each tab.  On my "WINERY" Tab I  have a Portal with Website Addresses - ;;ChambersSiteAddress and have a global code to filter down to individual sites. What I want to do is get the filtered "single  Web address" into my web viewer.

Using a script I am able to copy and paste into my second field "INVOICES::Website_Active"  and this address can works in the "web address" in the "webviewer set up" but I know there is a better way to do this. I tried activating the script using  Object Panel Change although unfortunately this performs miserably showing the trail of the previous Pane with each switch.

INVOICES::gS_Code_PB = Left (WineryName::Code_Supplier; Length (INVOICES::gS_Code_PB) )

1. The big question...How to create a calculation field NOT using a script. Taking data from the filtered 1st row of the portal.

When I use a calculation using Winery;;ChambersSiteAddress nothing shows up (my guess because the information is from a portal.

Thank you for stating the obvious!

Outcomes