AnsweredAssumed Answered

Options for Saving/Exporting to XLS needed

Question asked by cynthiablue on Jan 5, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2018 by cynthiablue

I'm looking for options on how to save or export a sub-summary list to a spreadsheet.

From what I've been reading online, it seems that a sub-summary list cannot use the script step Save Records as Excel because of how the sub-summary parts are handled.

So I tried to use Export Records, using the Specify Output File, File Type, Excel Workbooks (.xlsx), but that is requiring that I specify an Output file instead of letting the user choose the name of the output file. If I have an existing file already on my desktop (or any other folder), it works fine... but if the file does not exist, then I get a message saying "The file could not be created on this disk..." and that error seems to be permissions, but since I'm going to be distributing this as a Runtime Application, I don't know if I can change this on other people's computers so that it will actually save.  Unless I have to change permissions in FileMaker itself?

What can I do to solve this?  Ideally, I'd like the user to case the filename upon saving the XLS.

Thanks!

Outcomes