AnsweredAssumed Answered

Data migration to production

Question asked by amsc on Jan 6, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2018 by fhcmsoftware

I'm trying to determine the best route for data migration from our production system to a new development release.  I've read a lot of the posts on this subject, and have gained a great deal of knowledge on this, but have some additional questions.  Our development server is on AWS on a Windows server install and our production server is on FM Cloud.  Our table count is approaching ~100 tables, and I'm looking for an automated approach to the data transfer rather than creating scripts as I've done in the past.  I'm looking at 360deploy and refreshFM which both appear to do similar functions for data transfer.  It doesn't look like either works on FM Cloud (though I can't really tell for refreshFM). 

The "scheme" I'm leaning towards is to use 360deploy and using our development FM server as the data transfer point then moving the new production database files from the development server to the production FM Cloud server.  I'm trying to avoid a scenario of constantly uploading and downloading the data from the AWS to accomplish this. 

Thank you in advance for the input!

Alex

Outcomes