Updated serial communication plug-in for FileMaker Pro 16 with several improvements.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, January 17, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application
- native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database
- "Suspend/Resume Serial Port" script step to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering
- the possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports
What is new in version 5.0.1?
Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 is a maintenance release and has the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a problem with Serial_SetDispatchScript: you can now use a different wait string for each port.
- Added switch to Serial_Debug function "-UseTextAllBytes0To255": you can use this in combination with the switch "-TestTriggerScript". The plug-in will trigger a script with as test data all the bytes from 0 to 255.
- Improved the Debug.fmp12 example file, it now shows how to use the "-UseTextAllBytes0To255" and "-ConvertBytesToNumbers" switches. Also improved the Terminal.fmp12 example file, it now shows how to use the "-ConvertBytesToNumbers" switch when receiving data.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows.
- (macOS) Fixed a compilation problem with code signing and extended attributes in macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- Improved the log text when running FileMaker Server: more information is added to the log. After an unsuccessful attempt to register, the log now also adds the (incorrect) register text used.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 is available for downloading at https://www.troi.com/products/serialplugin/
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 5.0.1 works with the 5.0 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a pre-5.0 version on or after June 2, 2016 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in May 2017.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before June 2, 2016 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our web site.