AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tool tip not refreshing

Question asked by SteveMartino on Jan 23, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2018 by SteveMartino

Hi Forum.  I came across this in my DB, a tool tip that doesn't seem to refresh.

I have these relationships:

CUSTOMER---<JOBS::_fkCustID>---<JOBS_Customer_Same::_fkCustID

I use the JOBS_Customer_Same::_fkCustID side in a portal.  So when I'm on the Jobs layout, displaying a Job, the portal shows all Jobs related to the Customer (parent).  This works fine for commercial customers where the portal is displayed.

However, for non-commercial customers (based on the same TO), I have a button that opens a popover with the portal on it. 

The button that opens the popover has this expression in the tooltip (The button is hidden if there is only 1 Job record related to Customer):

Let([

@number=Count(JOBS_Customer_Same::__pkID);

@words=Case(@number>1;"Related Jobs";

@number>0;"Related Job"

);

@label=@number & "-" & @words & " for " & CUSTOMERS::Name_Full

];

@label

)

So the first time I roll over this button it shows:

0- for

If I click the button, open the popover, then roll back over the button, it displays correctly.

So I'm just trying to figure out why.  Seems like when I first roll over it, it doesn't know how many related (self join) records there are until I open the popover and display the portal.

As a side note, I have a clear button with the same expression over the portal, and it always has the correct expression.

Maybe SQL would work better for this, but I'm at a loss as to how to write it correctly.

Any thoughts or help are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Outcomes