AnsweredAssumed Answered

5 versions later and zoom out still fails?

Question asked by philmodjunk on Jan 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2018 by philmodjunk

Windows 7/10

FileMaker 16.03

A client trying to adapt to the new FileMaker 16 UI asked for buttons to replace those removed from the lower left corner of the window. So I drop three buttons on the layout, making each single step buttons so that they can easily be copy pasted from layout to layout, one to toggle the status tool bar, one to zoom in and one to zoom out. The first two worked and the zoom out failed to do anything.

I then searched Report an Issue to see if there was already a bug report and found this thread:

Zoom Out

Which carefully documented the same issue in FileMaker 11 though it was never confirmed by FileMaker. And it reveals a key detail that I discovered back then that still applies today: Zoom Out works correctly only if "enlarge window contents..." has not been selected in preferences. Select that option and zoom out fails.

Have we really had the same issue all this time with no correction of what should be a very simple fix?

I have worked around the issue by using Get ( ZoomLevel ) and a long If-else If chain to get zoom out to work by explicitly specifying the zoom level percentage. But now this is a scripted button and thus not as portable from one file to another as the single step buttons that I wanted to use.

Outcomes