AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to populate multiple similar fields from one lookup table?

Question asked by flipcwt on Jan 26, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 by flipcwt

I am new to FileMaker Pro 15 and I am having an issue with a relationship table. I have a Table called: User Info, which has basic information on a user (Name, Phone number, and Email address). On one of my Layouts I have a field that is a drop down list for people selection (the list corresponds to the values in the User Info Table), so people responsible for artwork, production, logistics, etc. All of these people are listed in the same table User Info and some can be responsible for multiple positions.

What I want to do is have several fields that all "link" to the same table of names, and then populate their respective information on one layout. So as an example: Artwork would be Mark then his email address would be auto populated into an adjacent field, which is keyed off of his name (a field in both tables) but email pulled from the user Info Table. Logistics would be Chris, and his email would be auto populated into an adjacent field, but pulled from that same table.

The trouble is, I can't seem to get a portal to work since I'm creating a relationship between multiple names to the user Info table (Artwork Name, Logistics Name linked to Name in the User Info Table). How do I pull the email addresses from the User ID table by referencing a drop down on the current layout page? I can do this if I have a 1 to 1 relationship, but I can't do it with a Many to 1 relationship... which may be completely wrong, but it's the only way I can think of doing it.

Thanks,

Chris

Outcomes