AnsweredAssumed Answered

AutoCreate records when selecting primary trigger?

Question asked by lajosg on Jan 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2018 by techt

Question for those far more knowledgeable than me.  I have worked in FMProAdv 13 for a while but my latest application request has me stumped.   I am an intermediate FM user.

I have created a "ControlPanel" table that when a trigger called RoutingID is called it is supposed to goto the Routing table and add a record to the "ControlPanel" table for every occurrence of Routing table rows it finds with that same unique RoutingID.

Example  ControlPanel trigger called RoutingID = 9 is selected in a drop down list.  In the Routing table are entries for RoutingID =9 called Processes say 1 through 6.  Process 1 could have 3 portal row records, Process 2 could have 2, etc through to Process 6.  All combined there may be say 11 portal row records I want created in the ControlPanel table based upon the # of matching Processes found and their child actions.

Not sure if this is making sense.   I am easily able to use the AutoPopulate function from another file with additional fields but need help with this "recursive" portal record creation.

Outcomes