AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal to Feild issues

Question asked by BlueGirl on Jan 28, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by BlueGirl

Sort Question

Can some one please tell me how to show a text field from a record in a portal in a text field on a different layout?

The longer version of the same Question

I need to get values from a portal record onto a second layout that dose not have a portal on it, just text fields? The ways I have tried to view the data on the second layout keep over writing the first record when I return to the portal on the first lay out.

- I have two layouts they are named “Session data” and “Invoice”

- Work flow: I starts in “Session data” I record my new settings in the new portal row. Then, I switch to the “Invoice” layout to send an invoice based on the work I just did.

- “Session data” layout - has a portal that I create a new record in for each session.

- “Invoice” layout - is a typical text style invoice with the important numbers in the body of the text ( text fields from portal). Now here is the real question, I need these text fields to show the contents of the last row of the portal on “Session data”’ not the first one like FM defaults to. 

I have been working on this for well long enough to recognize the results of the google searches.

Outcomes