AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hiding and sliding groups without a complete disaster?

Question asked by SamRembert on Jan 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 by jbrown

I've looked around, and seen a few people ask this question, but never found a truly workable response.

I am at my wits end with a layout I'm trying to make work.  It's a layout for labels, so each label must be exactly the right size.  Each label has several fields on it.  So far, easy.  No problem.  but here's the kicker...based on information in one of the fields, it should print anywhere from 1 to 4 labels for each record.

I thought this would be easy...make a group of all the fields surrounded by a box that was exactly the right size, group them, then apply a hide and a slide to the group.  So, if only two labels are needed, the third and fourth copy would hide, and then slide up.  This works, except...the fields inside the group also take on the sliding info, so they jumble up all over the place.

So I thought I could fix this with a portal, and just hide and slide the portal.  The fields don't jumble up in the portal, but the portals leave extra space between them when hidden, as if there's still something invisible there.

I can try to post an image of the results if needed.

Yet another baffling interface snafu on Filemaker.  Any help to make

Outcomes