AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal Row Fields: Bringing forward one column of information into the same and / different columns on "next record"

Question asked by BERGSTEN on Jan 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2018 by philmodjunk

I know the heading is confusing, my apologies.

Here's the scenario:

For our company payroll, each employee receives paid time off (flex time) but not everyone starts off with the same amount at the beginning of the year.

Our payroll is set up so the user fills out the portal seen below- several documents etc can be generated from this and for the most part it works really well for us... But I have a few items on my wish list I'm not sure are doable.

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 7.20.37 PM.png

Ideally I could autofill the pay period start and end, autofill the employee names/techIDs and the available balances with the hit of a button.

Is there a way to hit a scripted button (NEXT PAYROLL) that:

-Autofills the pay period start/end dates based on the pay period end date from the last record? Pay periods span weeks.. so a pay period started on 12/26/17 and ended 1/8/18.. I'd want the next record to have a start date of 1/9/18 and an end date of 1/22/18- so on and so forth.

-Can bring the employee names forward from the last payroll

-Flex hours: takes the "New Total" and pastes it on to the "Available balance" when I generate the next record? All of the scripts I've played with thus far only copy the first line of the portal over to the next record- I've yet to successfully capture the entire rows worth.

...Is there a way to do these without needing to manually create individual records for each pay period/employee on the back end of the portal?

Sorry if this is not making sense. Let me know where I've lost you and I'll do my best to connect the dots.

*Edit to add that I have a separate table/layout with every single employee's information - name, tech ID, address, etc. I was wondering if I would use that table in any way to help the Flex time hours scenario.

Outcomes