AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto-correct Auto entered serial data

Question asked by btschop484 on Feb 2, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2018 by philmodjunk

So right now I have a few tabs linked where I will add a patient number, then add a certain number of trials. Each trial generates its own ID on a new tab and right now it is entered as Indexed, Auto-enter serial. The issue is, when I make a mistake like add a unwanted record or want to delete an old record, the Auto-serial number does not reset. Let me give you an example:

Patient 5                                                                                     Trial ID

-Trial A                           generated on other tab                             - 1

-Trial B                                ----------------->                                      - 2  

-Trial D                                                                                            - 4

Now let's say Trial C was a wash or mistake or something so I took it out. AFTER I TOOK OUT trial C (ID 3), I entered Trial D. I want Trial D to auto generate its ID as 3, not 4. As of now, I have to manually go back into the field and enter the serial number starting position.

Is there any way to make the auto-entered serial to link up with the records that are present and/or deleted.

Outcomes