AnsweredAssumed Answered

Specify Sort In Pie Chart Definition?

Question asked by ScottBleackley on Feb 6, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 by jbrown

In the specification of a Pie Chart in the "Sort Order Layout" Tab. there is a "Sort Order" specification.

However, it does not appear to be selectable.  The sort order only appears to reflect the current sort order. This is a problem since the pie chart is dependent on the sort order of the specified data source.

I am using the PieChart in a PopOver, so I thought, no problem I will just trigger a sort when the PopOver becomes active.  However, when a trigger, on ObjectEnter, for the PopOver display, is set, it populates a script trigger on the popover button.

When a script trigger is set on the PopOver Button, to sort the data, the PopOver window starts to appear and then almost immediately vanishes.

So If I could figure out a way to specify Sort Order within the Pie Chart definition, life would be much better.

Any suggestions are most welcome,

Thank you

Reference:

Here's how to use OnObjectEnter with a popover button:

Use the Popover Panel, not the popover Button. Right click it and you'll find that you can specify the OnObjectEnter trigger and it will trip when you click the popover button.

It works this way because OnObjectEnter is tripped when an object get's the focus. While it may seem a bit strange, buttons do not get the focus when they are clicked. The popover's panel, on the other hand, gets the focus when the popover button is clicked to open it.

(Buttons do not get the focus when clicked so that you can use buttons to perform scripts that work with the contents of a field that has the focus. If clicking a button gave it the focus, there would be no way for the script to determine what field or what selected text within that field had the focus at the time the button was clicked.)

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 11.20.47 AM.png

Outcomes