AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a single factor from multiple factors for PieChart?

Question asked by ScottBleackley on Feb 6, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 by philmodjunk

I have 20 check boxes that I would like to chart as a pie chart since the number checked is often quite sparse.

If I create a second table, ChartData with the intent of creating one record per original check box, for each and every check box containing data in the selected set of records from the original table, then I will have a single factor which can be used for a pie chart.  Only the original check boxes containing data would record a record in the new table, keeping the resulting PieChart manageable.

Yes, I could write a script with a couple of loops to walk through each check box within each record and write a new record into ChartData for each one.

I was wondering if it could be done in a more elegant way.

Perhaps by creating a relationship between each check box field in the original table, with the single chartData field in the ChartData Table.  Not even sure exactly what to call such a relationship.  FileMaker seems to allow me to create this set of relationships.  I have also related the keys for the original table with similar keys in the ChartData Table.

While I can create the relationship they do no seem to populate the table so likely I have it completely wrong.

I can think of several other ways in which these relations might be interpreted...

How should this be done?

Any suggestions are most welcome,

Thank you

Outcomes