bablackburn

Portal Confusion

Discussion created by bablackburn on Feb 7, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2018 by bablackburn

Creating PO system and I can't quite figure out how to get my intended design working. In this system each record is for a specific order, from a specific vendor. On some larger orders the project managers want to be able to create a load sheet prior to ordering from the vendor. This load sheet would be created from existing items that are specific to each vendor.

So to create the load sheet a project manager would just select the item and enter the quantity. The costs would then be added into a total at the bottom. The load sheet also needs to be able to scroll as some of them can be quite large and not all items would fit on screen at once.

I can only figure out how to do this by creating an individual record for each and every line item but this doesn't seem like an efficient solution as that could add up to 10,000 records or more on a yearly basis and be impossible to navigate individually.

I don't think a portal is the proper solution here but I can't figure out how to get the design I'm going for.

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 2.47.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-07 at 2.47.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 3.04.12 PM.png

Outcomes