AnsweredAssumed Answered

Card Window and GTRR 2X

Question asked by navarro on Feb 12, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2018 by navarro

Hello,

I am using a portal to show and to go to related records.

Before FMP16 and Card Windows, I was using a working but not so elegant approach to go from the portal to the related records.

I would like to use the Card Windows feature embedded in a GTRR script step, but in my case is not working as desired because I have to use two GTRR script steps instead of one.

My current setting is as follows:

A --< A|B >--B

On layout A, based on table A, I have a portal based on table A|B that shows related B records in layout B, based on table B.

In my case just using GTRR once from layout A, based on table A, to layout B ,based on table B, doesn't work. So what works is:

1. GTRR from layout A based on table A to layout A|B based on table A|B: A--GTRR--<A|B

2. GTRR from layout A|B based on table A|B to layout B based on table B: A|B--GTRR --< B

When I use this script:

Go to Related Record [ From table: “A|B”; Using layout: “dev_A|B” (A|B) ]

[ Show only related records ]

Go to Related Record [ From table: “B”; Using layout: “A” (A) ]

[ Show only related records; New window ]

I get the right related B record on display: A --< A|B >--B

But, when I close the card window what I get on display is the related A|B record instead of the original A record.

Once I close the card window it shows the previous layout and I can't redirect it to the original layout.

Although I can think of a workaround to go back to the original layout after closing the card window, I can't avoid showing the A|B layout when the New Window has been enacted by the second GTRR script step.

Is there a way to show the original layout on the background when using GTRR 2X and the Card Window feature in the second GTRR step?

Thanks

Outcomes