i want to transfer a File from a Rails-App into a FileMaker-Database.
Steps i had done:
- encoded the file to Base64
- transferred by FileMaker-XML - Interface to the database
- Without the above mentioned base-64-string the Record in FileMaker was successfully created
- With the base-64-string i receipted an exeption-Code
- I made several tests, in one "Field", with example-string "abcabcabcabc..." => if the string is longer than more or less 1000 chars, i get the same exeption-Code, if its shorter, the record is created.
- i tried a http-put instead of http-get, but this is not supported by FileMaker.
- => It seems that by xml, the transferred strings have a max-Length
- What is the best Way to transfer a File from a Web-App into a FileMaker-Database?
- How to set Preferences to modify the max-content-length in a XML?
- is it possible to transfer a base-64-encoded File by push into a FileMaker-DB?