Browser and version (for WebDirect only): - Safari and Chrome
I’ve been doing some experiments to get around the 100 user limit on FM Cloud:
I set up 2 FileMaker Cloud instances on an AWS elastic load balancer. I have 2 different setups, which work “sometimes":
* 1 classic load balancer over TCP with 2 FMCloud targets that have the starter solution Inventory uploaded and hosted.
* 1 network load balancer over TCP with the same 2 FMCloud targets that have the starter solution Inventory uploaded and hosted.
I have 2 issues:
1. When I connect to the load balancer:
* sometimes it works and I am routed to one of my 2 FMCloud databases
* sometimes it times out
* sometimes I get the bright red notice that Connection has been lost, Save data. See attached screen shots.
* In Chrome, when in the database and clicking around in Inventory.fmp12, it loses CSS and presents unformatted text.
2. The network load balancer works but does not support https, so I eventually want to use the classic or application load balancer.
I have 2 more setups which do not work:
* 1 classic load balancer over http
* 1 application load balancer over http
Since I have not been able to get http to work with the classic or application load balancer, I have not even tried https and all the requisite certificate wrangling with Amazon and FM Cloud.
Due to #1, I’m not sure that I can recommend this load-balanced FileMaker Cloud setup. Has anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?
At this point, I want to recommend FM Server on Windows on AWS with 2 to 5 worker machines.