AnsweredAssumed Answered

Isolating multiple hashtags from paragraph text fields

Question asked by theusualsuspect on Feb 14, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 by CamelCase_data

I've been racking my brain about how to do this and I can't seem to get anything to work, so I'm hoping someone can teach me how to solve this problem:

I need to extract the text of hashtags (#sometext, #differenttext) from three different fields to create a single list of all hashtags used. The problem is these hashtags are in three different "notes" fields where there is other text, and I'm stuck on how to filter out all of the other text and just isolate the hashtags. The only pattern is the typical "#" character to start them off.

(For context, this is a CRM solution for outside sales reps, and they make notes on companies, on the results of recent calls with them, and on the results of recent appointments. So three different tables. They are great at creating hashtags so they can search for these notes, but they aren't using them consistently, so my thought is to have a place for them to see these hashtags to make it easier to search for them and use them consistently.)

Any ideas? How do I isolate text where there can be more than one hashtag in a given note and the text size varies. I'm stumped.

Thank you for any insight!

Outcomes