mikebeargie

Unable to cancel FileMaker Cloud trial license subscription

Discussion created by mikebeargie Expert on Feb 15, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2018 by bigtom

At 10am this morning I backed up and removed all files from an FMCloud instance that we had setup to run a test on. The instance was terminated by 10:10am.

In the AWS marketplace account management area I am trying to cancel the trial subscription that was subscribed to for the test.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the instance the subscription was attached to is listed as terminated, yet the orange button to proceed with cancellation cannot be clicked to proceed. As of 10:35am I have tried numerous things, such as cache clears, refreshes, etc.. to no avail.

I would consider this a bug since the status listed in the dialog directly contradicts the rules that would block the button from proceeding.

I searched and did not find any documentation stating that you had to wait a certain amount of time after termination before cancelling. If it does update and allow me to cancel, I will update this post.

Resolution: If there is a known grace period after termination before you can cancel a subscription, that should be noted in the dialog.

Outcomes