AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Workspace window change crashes Filemaker

Question asked by rbrindley on Feb 17, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 by TSGal

Description: The script workspace crashes Filemaker when the 'restore down' button is clicked, or the top of the window is clicked and dragged (which automatically restores the window size down to it's previous size).

How to Replicate: On opening FMPA, I open the script workspace. It opens to the size I left it at which is about 1/3 of my screen.  At that point, I can click maximize, minimize, or close on the workspace and it's fine. So, typically, I maximize it. But, then, if I click restore down to return it to it's previous size of 1/3 my screen, Filemaker crashes. Additionally, when it's maximized, if I click the top of the window to drag the window somewhere - which automatically restores the window down to it's previous size of 1/3 my screen - Filemaker crashes.

Upon further observation, this bug is also somehow tied to the script workspace window size and whether a script actually shows up in the script workspace, or if it says "No scripts selected". At the 1/3 screen size I mentioned above, no scripts show up when I open the workspace. Even though I do have several scripts tabs open, it says "No scripts Selected" until I either maximize the window or click on a script. The workaround below can allow me to return the window to it's previous size without crashing Filemaker.

Version: FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.4.403

Plugins: Base Elements and Developer Assistant

Hardware: Dell XPS 15 9560 (i7 16 gb ram)

Workaround: On opening the script workspace, enlarge the workspace window enough to get a script to display. Then, you can maximize it and then restore down without crashing Filemaker. As long as a script is actually showing up in the workspace window before you maximize it, it works fine.

Outcomes