AnsweredAssumed Answered

Date format for variables - changed?

Question asked by amsc on Feb 15, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 by amsc

I recently updated our FM database application, and I've found that dates passed to variables are formatted differently then they were before the update.  I can't think of anything that I've done to cause that change.  Before the update, the date format in variables were MM/DD/YYYY where the MM was a single digit number for Jan - Sept.  After the update, the dates are in the same MM/DD/YYYY format, but the MM is a two digit number with a leading zero.  This is true for any date passed to a variable  regardless of whether updates were done to that section or not.  Interestingly, I can open the pre and post update applications on the same machine at the same time, and the old system will show a variable date of 2/16/18 and the updated application will show 02/16/18. 

This is important because I pass the date into text fields and also use scripted searches for dates contained within text fields.  Any ideas as to what might have happened?  I can say that I used 360deploy for the data migration for the first time and that was done on a windows machine.  Could the FM file picked up the global date formatting from the windows machine?

All clients 16.0.3; FM Cloud 1.16.  Windows machine - FMS 15. 

Thanks!

Alex

Outcomes