AnsweredAssumed Answered

Login Page or Barcode ID's

Question asked by celticguardian93 on Feb 21, 2018

Hey, I'm working on making an app for the family business. We are machinists and I'm trying to make an app to keep track of the inventory, have a place to keep jobs with details like the material needed and the processes that go into each part. One of the biggest time consumers in the company is that our employees don't know what to do when they finish a job. They have to go and ask someone what to do next. I'd like to have a list of jobs for them to do throughout the day. However, I need a login page or a barcode reader or something to identify who is using the computer at the moment. Then when they are logged/scanned in, it will ask them questions about the job they finished like whether they put the tools away, what tools broke or if there was a problem and it couldn't be finished. Then it will give them their next job with a page or two containing all the details needed to do it. Does that make sense? I'm basing my app somewhat on E2 Shop Systems. On there, they have a login page which scans your ID to clock you in and out and start and stop jobs. I'd like something like that so I can pop up a page to tell them what to do next without them distracting others while they wait for someone to tell them what to do. I hope that made sense. If not let me know and I'll try to explain better. Thank you in advance for your time and any help you can give me!

Outcomes