realgrouchy

Clicking in background Script Workspace window clicks the item

Discussion created by realgrouchy on Feb 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 by realgrouchy

There's an inconsistent behaviour in FM that has been annoying me. (FMPA16.0.3, MacOS 10.12.6)

With layout windows, if I click on an out-of-focus window, it brings the window into focus without registering where I clicked within the window (e.g. if my cursor was over a button when I clicked the out-of-focus window, it doesn't trigger the button upon bringing it into focus). This is good, since it prevents accidentally doing stuff.

However, when the Script Workspace is a background window and I click into it, the click is registered. If I click on an If step (while another window has focus), it puts the cursor into the step editor. If I click in the script list (while another window has focus), it opens the script I clicked on. If I click in the blank space underneath the script list (while another window has focus), it hides the script that I had open.

The script workspace should behave like layout windows, in that wherever I click on a background Script Workspace window, it should only bring focus to the window, and if I wanted to actually click on the thing where my cursor is I would click a second time.

- RG>

Outcomes