AnsweredAssumed Answered

Card window & portal row creation

Question asked by evance on Feb 25, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 by evance

I really like the new card windows and have been trying to use them to show related (= filtered) data in a portal. The user should be able to create a new portal row inside this card window but this somehow doesn't work...

The issue

The main layout is showing a bunch of different school / semester data. One can target a certain line item (module) and open the corresponding exams which belong to that module.

Inside this card window the user should be able to add a new portal row (triggered via script).

Unfortunately I can only add a new row when there already is a previous entry meaning that I cannot create / target a new portal row in an empty portal.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 14.01.37.png

This is different though if I am residing in the card window layout itself, it works flawlessly there...?!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-25 um 14.01.16.png

How come this is different in the card window vs. the native layout? Something I'm missing conceptually?

Due to the fact that I am incorporating an 'edit-mode' I need this to be a portal and cannot simply create a new record because the data shouldn't even commit before the user has pressed a 'save'-button...

Thanks for your suggestions!

Outcomes