AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create a summary field of a calculated field

Question asked by Jon1 on Feb 24, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2018 by philmodjunk

I am having problems building a report that will display a summary of a calculated value.

In the Trailing Grand Summary part, I have 9 summary fields. All of them work except for one. The eight that do work are simply type Summary with the options set to Total of {field name} (running). The one that doesn’t work is set up the same but only shows the value of the last record in the body of the report.

In table 1 I have a counter start field which is simply data input. It is a number field. Also, in table 1 I have a counter end field which is simply data input. It is a number field. In table 1 I have a “gross count” field which is a calculation that subtracts the value of the counter start field from the value of the counter end field. In the storage options I have the “do not store calculation results” unchecked. The calculation works fine. The result is a number. My Summary field is a total of gross count – running total. On the report the summary is in the trailing grand summary part.

In my report I have 7 records. The gross count for each record works properly. For example, I have the values from record 1 – 7 as follows: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. The summary of gross count only shows the value of 70. If I delete the 7th record, the value of the summary of gross count changes to 60.

My guess is that this problem is due to the summary of a calculated field. Any suggestions as to the solution for this would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes