AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two Machine FMS Deployment( Updated)

Question asked by hazard on Feb 26, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2018 by hazard

I am pretty new to the forum so please tell me if I am posting in the wrong place. I have found this forum to be a great resource in all things FileMaker, so thanks to all the experts who keep posting to help out.

I have FMS 15 running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 in a single machine deployment with about 30ish FMP Pro users. Currently we have some webdirect connections, but very minimal maybe 1 user at most at a time. I am  in the process of making a FM Go app using the  FM IOS SDK to give to my field employees. This would be about 65ish iPads. I am using PHP to get send data about every 60 seconds or so from each iPad. Each transaction is about 10 to 20 fields of data per request.

To manage the iPads, I was thinking about getting a mac mini and using the mac server to be the MDM server. This would allow me to use the new machine to cover both MDM and CWP on FMS.

I was thinking that maybe it would be time to move my server to a two machine deployment with the added overhead of the PHP traffic. Could the mac mini be used for MDM server and FMP CWP server, even though the primary server is a Windows Server?  Or should I just get another Windows Server?

Outcomes