AnsweredAssumed Answered

Open Photo on Server 2012 R2 using Pro 15

Question asked by SABrannanSolutions on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 by mikebeargie

I have a database that contains JPGs inserted into Container fields.  These photo's are shown on screen in a small container field (like a thumbnail), when you click on the container field a script exports the photo (Export Field Contents) to this path:

filewin:/C:/FileMaker Files/Photo.jpg

Automatically open file is ticked which means the photo opens up perfectly as intended in Windows Photo Viewer when workstations (Windows 7/10) are used.

HOWEVER, when remote users access the database via a terminal server running Server 2012 R2 (FileMaker Pro 15.04) the Automatically Open part does not work.  The script successfully exports the field contents to the above path as you can see the photo.jpg gets created however it doesn't open the file and you have to navigate to the path and open the file manually which is a pain due to the volume of photo's being inspected.

I've tried various other methods such as Open URL but nothing works when FileMaker Pro is used on the terminal server, everything works as expected on Win7/10 workstations.

Does anyone have any ideas to solve this, assistance greatly appreciated, I just want to be able to open the photo in a photo viewer for closer inspection full screen.

Outcomes