AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help on "Relationships" Between Layouts.

Question asked by beccablue16 on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 by techt

Hi,

I'm new to FileMaker and am currently running FileMaker Pro 16. I have my database almost completely set up but have hit a bit of a wall and think I need some assistance in relation to the "Relationships" tool.

I'm a mortgage broker trying to create a database to track current, active clients, along with the lenders who are holding the mortgages. I'm wanting to create client profiles, as well as lender profiles, and have a link set between the two of them that share a relationship. For example, if John Doe has a mortgage and the lender is Jane Jones, I want to be able to link Jane to John's account, and vise versa. I have a drop down list already created, as well a "Client" layout and a "Lender" layout, however when I choose a lender for a specific client, it ends up creating a whole new record for that lender. So now, instead of 5 clients logged under 1 lender, I have 5 of the same lender for each individual client.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is to have a list of "active" clients under each lender, as well as be able to choose from a list of currently logged lenders, for each client, so that I'm not entering all the same data every time that same lender has a new mortgage.

Am I making sense? Hopefully someone can shed some light as to where I went wrong and have a solution to a quick fix.

TIA.

Becca

Outcomes