AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are my Filemaker Pro Advanced 16 stand alone program crashing on Windows 10 Home?

Question asked by alexander1z on Feb 28, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2018 by mikeo'neil

I have Filemaker Pro Advanced 16 and am creating runtime solutions on a Windows 10 Home machine.  I have two Troi plugins configured for both 32 and 64 bit.  I create the runtime solution and when I go to the main data entry screen everything is fine.  I use Adjust Window (Resize to Fit) when I enter the program.  But, when I set up the program so that the user has to register the program the first time they use it by going to the register layout and filling in a few fields, the program crashes.  Debugging the program I see that it occurs on Adjust Window (Resize to Fit).  When I comment those out I do get to the main entry screen, but there are too many Adjust Window (Resize to Fit) commands for them all to be commented out, and it doesn't make sense.

I see that Filemaker Pro Advanced 16 says that it is not compatible with Windows 10 Home.  Is that really true.  The discussion boards are a little unclear about that, and Filemaker works fine for me on Home.  It is only the runtime version of my program that is crashing.

Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

Alex

Outcomes