AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with script

Question asked by makintosh on Mar 1, 2018
Latest reply on May 1, 2018 by makintosh

I need a script for a button that fill portal rows with dates from a start date and an end date.

For example, the start date is 1/1/2018 and end date is 10/1/2018. The script will fill the first portal row with 1/1/2018, the next row with 2/1/2018, the third with 3/1/2018, up until the end date is reached; making a total of 10 rows.

The script must not delete exiting dates (which have related data from other fields), only show dates in the date range and shows the dates in order.

I got a script from a community member who helped me with a related concern. I imported the script to my project but I can't make it work correctly. My very basic scripting know-how, or rather lack of it, ends in freezing Filemaker when I attempt to modify and run that script. A command key icon appear on my mouse pointer and I had to force quit Filemaker. That script (Fill dates - Smart Fill) is included in the attached sample file. The other scripts are for refreshing the portal records and clearing up the start and end dates.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes