AnsweredAssumed Answered

Time Field Formatted for MM:SS.HH

Question asked by cynthiablue on Mar 5, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 by taylorsharpe

I have a time field in my application that records the time it takes a dog to complete a dog sport course... in this case how long it takes them to find all the rats in Barn Hunt.

The field in the database is just set as a time field... and the user inputs the time as 2:32:34  which in my case needs to be Minutes:Seconds:100ths of a second. I'm pretty sure that Filemaker is interpreting it as HH:MM:SS.

It's not really a big deal 'cause it all sorts the same... however, I need to export this time value with a colon and a dot.  So it has to export to a spreadsheet as 2:32.34

I'm thinking I probably need to convert the field to text, then parse out each of the numbers starting at the left, and inserting my own needed punctuation for the export.

Can I do this in a Database field? Just have a field called timeForXLS, have it be a calculation field, that does something like GetAsText(runTime) and then also parses it out? I"m not sure of the syntax that would be needed in the calculation field if this is possible.

If that's not possible I can do it in a script when the XLS is exported... I just thought it would be nice and automatic to have it done in the database itself.

Thanks!

Cynthia

Outcomes