AnsweredAssumed Answered

Comparison reports using portals

Question asked by kmacstuf on Mar 6, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2018 by Johan Hedman

I am writing a report where I want to show sales totals by customer and by month for comparison purposes.  I want to show each month as a separate column on the report.  Based on information found in this forum, I have accomplished this by creating a layout on the customers table and creating multiple one row portals on the orders table, one per column, each with a filter for the month that column represents.  This is working great. 

I would like to enhance this report to show totals at the bottom across all customers showing the monthly totals.  I haven't figured out how / if I can do that. 

Secondly, I would like to be able to run this same report and show monthly totals by sales rep.  Sales Rep is currently just a value list so I have to create the layout against the orders table and as such cannot create a "self portal" as it were.  Do I need to move the Sales Rep into a table and relate it to the orders like the Customers table is in order to make this work?  Or is there some other way to do this?

@Thanks.

Outcomes