AnsweredAssumed Answered

Voting System

Question asked by forresterhs on Mar 7, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 by forresterhs

Hi,

This is my first post in the community. I am glad to be part of it.

I am quite new to FMP, so if any mistakes, please let me know.

I am trying to create a "voting" database system for my school, which includes the following tables:

The SCN number is a unique number that identifies the pupils. Then from a "lookup" it is related to the "Points" table and then the teacher's attributes/fields who nominated the pupil are in the "Teachers" table.

At first, when the teacher logs in, via a Get(AccountName) their name is displayed to the field "TeacherFullName":

Then, after clicking on Submit, they select from a list of pupils the one they want to nominate:

And finally they see the pupil and select "YES" or "NO" to nominate:

There is a limitation for every teacher to vote only 6 times and not the same pupil.

I have created some scripts that increase / decrease votes but because I believe I have messed up the relationships between tables, it would be pointless to share.

My question is: Is there a way to have in one layout the teacher's name, see their votes (in a portal ?) and calculate them to see if they are less or equal than 6? And when a vote is removed, to decrease the total votes of the teacher so they can vote again until they reach the "6 votes" limit?

Thanks in advance,

Giorgio

Outcomes