AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scheduled Perform Script on Server not working

Question asked by bvondeylen on Mar 9, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2018 by FileKraft

I am attempting to update my FileMaker database using an API with JAMF. To do so, I need to delete all records and "GET" the records from JAMF via API into my FileMaker database.

I can do this successfully running a script. I wanted to see if I can "Perform Script on Server" to see if it would be any faster (if it is, it is negligible). It takes about 17 minutes to "GET" the records. Add to this, I need to do this twice. The first time to get the basics, then to update to get the rest of the data.

So, I was going to run my scripts (again, which work when I open FileMaker Client on my computer) by scheduling them on the server. The same script that works when manually run from the client does NOT work when scheduled on the server. Why?

I get the email notification that the script successfully completed. The only part that was successful is the Delete All command. I open the database in the morning and all records have been deleted, but the GET did not succeed. So I manually run the script and it works. I don't understand what is going on.

Server Update.png

Outcomes