AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to have a script (or line) run only after a button has been pushed or based on what you see in the records table?

Question asked by jhmower on Mar 16, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2018 by philmodjunk

I have a button bar that I've put pop up buttons on so that you can select each of the buttons and get a different popup. The purpose of the button bar is to omit and find records based on one criteria. For example the completed button will have a popup that allows you to omit all the completed records or find them all. I'm not familiar with scripts so I did all these buttons on the popup windows as single steps. After testing it I discovered that if you push the find button first and then the omit button it will try to omit all the records of that type which is all you see because you just found them all. It pulls up an error when you do this, but I thought it'd be nice to have a script that would find all the records and then omits the ones you don't want to see from the entire list. I created a simple script to do this by linking the script for the "find all" button already in place and then omitting that particular group. I realized this would get rid of the ability to omit multiple categories at the same time, pushing one button after the other.

Is there a way to have the script only find all when that category is all you see? For example, I just pushed the "completed" button and now only see completed, but it will only find all the records if that's the case, and not if you see the rest of the categories.

Outcomes