While installing 16 server on this windows machine the installation fails during installation of Microsoft Internet Information Services. I have tried different ports
I had that same problem when I did not have Full access (administrator) to that computer. You can Right Click at your Setup file and choose to Run as Administrator to see if that works for you
Yes! As Johan told probably its related to Administrator based issue!
Try this below method once Before you install FileMaker Sever, check out your server IIS is working fine or not!
To check out your IIS working properly:
- Close all applications that are currently running on your computer.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the left pane, click Add/Remove Windows Components. The Windows Components Wizard will launch.
- Select Internet Information Services, and then click Next. If the check box is already selected, IIS is already installed on your computer.
- After IIS Confirmation Restart your server and install FileMaker Server.
If running the installer "as administrator" does not work then add the IIS role manually before installing FMS.
"run as administrator" did not work. The IIS was diabled in this case. How to Install IIS on Windows 8 or Windows 10
FMS 16 is not supported on Windows 8 or Windows 10. I do have it running on Windows 10. The IIS that ships with FMS 16 is not the correct version for Windows 10 so you have to install IIS manually. Another tip do not use EDGE or Internet Explorer when installing. I used Chrome. Again FMS is not supported on Windows 10.
Retrieving data ...