AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hosted databases not appearing under available files

Question asked by ekucuk on Mar 20, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 by wimdecorte

Hello FM Community!

I had previously asked a question regarding the reset of a FileMaker Admin Console password, which I have used the following directions provided by FileMaker itself: https://support.filemaker.com/s/answerview?language=en_US&anum=6989

https://support.filemaker.com/s/answerview?language=en_US&anum=6989

I had to do this since the person who integrated FM into our office has left and doesn't remember the login credentials.

Also, a little background, our office uses FMS12 and FMPro 11.0v2 and 13.0v1.

Ever since I reset the password, our office has been having trouble accessing the hosted files. Everyone has AD access to the files, from a security group that they're all in. So basically, they when they launch the shortcut of each database, they are automatically logged in to the database according to their security level via AD.

When I log into the admin console, I get the following error:

1.png

However, when I look at my Databases section, the console shows me that all of the files are operating "Normally."

2.png

The main issue is, when I try to Open Remote files, none of the hosted files are showing up as available files, which they did before I had reset the password:

33.PNG

You can see from the above image that IP 1 doesn't show any available files, when in fact, it should show 5 files as it previously did before the password reset. You can see from the below image that IP 2, which is a newer server that I was in charge of buying and setting up (and didn't require a server password reset), shows the available files, just like IP 1 used to before the reset:

55.PNG

Also, when I have IP 1 highlighted for about a minute or so through the Open Remote window, I get the following window which prompts me to enter in an account name and password to access the databases hosted under IP 1. If enter the correct information in, it brings up the database that it is associated with.

44.PNG

I have no idea what is happening, I have been looking into different forum threads in the last two weeks trying to come up with a solution, but I don't even know what the problem is. I'm about to lose my mind, can someone please help me out with this? Please let me know if you need any other additional information, as I am quite the novice with FileMaker and am not sure how to proceed with this.

Thank you very much!

-Ecem

Outcomes