AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I make a button go to a specific layout/record from a different field?

Question asked by btschop484 on Mar 21, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 by btschop484

So I have a bunch of individual mice. Each has its own ID number anywhere form 1-200. I have multiple layouts for my FM including: data, mice information, and what we collect from the mouse (specimen). What I want is to have a field called 'Derived from:' on the specimen layout. In that field I would like just to enter another mouse ID. So for example if Mouse 100 was derived from Mouse 25, I would like to put that on my specimen layout page. I would like to find a way to either: A) make that number a clickable button, or B) probably more realistically, have a 'GO' button next to that field which will take me to the 'Specimen' record of the Mouse ID that I have entered into the 'Derived from' field.

So for an example, I already have to records for mouse 25. We used mouse 25 to make mouse 100. I am entering the record for mouse 100. I would like a button next to the 'Derived from: 25 (in this case)' to take me to the record of mouse 25. This button needs to be functional on each record for the corresponding mouse ID, not just mouse 25.

Is there a way to do this?

Let me know if you have any questions, I know it got a bit confusing.

Outcomes