on script step "insert file" no dialog box opens

Question asked by vestigia on Mar 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 by vestigia

FM 15.0.4

FM 16.0.5

MacOSX 10.12.6

MacOSX 10.13.3

Hello

I am felling somewhat silly. I am trying to use the script step "insert file" without specifying a file path in order the script step will open a dialog in order the user can choose the file to insert. Unfortunately I not able to make the script step to open a file dialog as it is referenced by the appropriate FileMaker help-page:

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/15/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Finsert-file.html%23wwconnect_header

where it is written under Description section:

"if you do not specify a file to insert, FileMaker Pro displays a dialog box where the user can select a file."

So my script step looks like Example 2 in the help page:

Opens a dialog box with custom file format filters for the user to select a file, attempts to compress the selected file, then inserts the file into the active container field.

Insert File [Filters; Insert; Compress when possible;Products::File]

I tried to use this script step as single step on button or as script to be called on a button. I tried to us the script step "insert file" on an existing FileMaker-Solution-file but also on a new on. I tried to use the different FM-files also on different FM versions and on different MacOSX versions always with same result. The script step never opens a dialog box.

Any hints are appreciated, with best regards.

Outcomes