AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM16 bug confirmation

Question asked by user28271 on Mar 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 by beverly

I am running a few annoying bugs and I am curious if anyone can confirm them as FM.

I am on the latest version of FM

I am on a Mac Laptop running 10.12.6

1.     Calculation Auto-Fill

The feature where you can start typing in a field calculation window and it brings up matching fields or commands will suddenly stop working until I restart FileMaker.

2. Right Click in Design mode

Like the above my right mouse button will stop bring up the submenu until I restart FileMaker.

3. Command&D in field definitions.

If I command&D to duplicate a field nothing happens.  But when I click on anything I get a message to discard  changes.  Looks like it did duplicate but it just isn't appearing for me.

4. Conditional Format

This is the truly frustrating one.  When I configure a conditional field format about 1/2 the time it doesn't work until I go back, uncheck and recheck the box.

5. Duplicate a script

This is less of a bug and more of an error.  In the old version of filemaker when to apply a script to an object you you can duplicate the script.  You can still do that, but you can not rename the new script it will just be the old script & copy.  Basically this defats the purpose of duplicating if you have to go back into the script editor to fix the name.

Outcomes