AnsweredAssumed Answered

Search one field using a second, messier field?

Question asked by uimnhcody on Mar 25, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2018 by techt

Hi Everyone,

Let me start this question by stating that I'm not the FilemakerPro "guy" at my institution, I'm just the person who works most closely with it and I try to make it as useful as possible. I currently have a problem with reconciling two layouts in two databases. Layout 1 is a list of everything that's in a certain location, with a line for each item; each line containing a short description, and a unique number. Layout 2 is all the data for each item. Each item has its own page and ideally has its own number, barring any mistakes. The two layouts are related via the name of the location, which shows up on both layouts. I want to find a way to open layout 1, press a button, and make a window pop up of layout 2, displaying the found set of each item in the layout 1 page. I was hoping to somehow search layout 2, using the unique numbers which identify the items in the location and are recorded on both layouts. I'm attaching a picture of Layouts 1 and 2 for clarity. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, this is my first time posting. Any help is appreciated, thank you!.

Attachments

Outcomes