AnsweredAssumed Answered

Weird Portal Issue not refreshing after deleting a portal row. Help?

Question asked by Eric Whittaker Jr on Mar 31, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2018 by Eric Whittaker Jr

I have a layout based on a table called EVENTS. I have another table called EVENT_CONTACTS that joins the EVENTS table with another table called CONTACTS.

On the layout based on the EVENTS table, I have a portal based on the EVENT_CONTACTS table. I have it set up so that when I click on the contact name field It pulls up a card goes to a layout to search for the contact I want to use based on the CONTACTS table. Then when the user chooses the contact the script will then go to another layout still using the card based on the EVENT_CONTACTS table and creates a new record sets the event fk and sets the contact fk the other fields do a lookup and the join record is created with all information needed for the join to be set. The script then finally commits the records, closes the card and then refreshes the portal on the original layout based on the EVENTS table.

This works flawlessly. I can go to any event click on the portal row and add a related contact.

Then as I was testing adding and deleting portal rows I noticed there was a situation where after going through adding a contact the portal would not refresh. I debugged the script and everything is in place to refresh properly. SO I started testing the differences of when it worked and when it didn't and I found that it only has the issue of not refreshing after I had deleted a portal record and then tried to add another one. For some reason, deleting a portal row and then adding another portal record with my script causes the issue with refreshing.

This is very odd and I am not sure if this is intended behavior or if this might be a bug.

Can anyone shed some light on to why after deleting a portal row would refreshing the join not work?

I will be happy to provide any additional information

Thanks,

Attachments

Outcomes