hvsllc

Print Postcards from a Mac

Discussion created by hvsllc on Apr 2, 2018

I have been struggling with how to print my postcard reminders ever since the two sided printing was taken away from Pages which replaced Appleworks. Filemaker didn't make it any easier. However, I was able to do it with many steps.

First I created a postcard layout which shows page breaks. I put my send to on the first page and my custom information on the second page.

In page setup you may have to change the scale from 100 percent. For me it is 90%.

Then I pressed command P and near the lower left corner there is a drop down box PDF. Select open in preview. You will see in the lower right corner of this dialogue box 2 buttons; cancel and print;  press the print button. Don't worry; it will not print; it brings you to another dialogue box. This is where you go through repetitive steps with slight variations. Make sure you are using 4 X 6 inch paper not the 8.5 X 11. I have the perforated 8.5 X 11 which I folded and separated into 4 X 6's.

In this dialogue box you will do the following steps.

Paper size = postcard

Under the Orientation icons you will see Preview; press this until you see

Paper handling = uncollated;

Pages to print = Odd

Page order = Normal

Destination Paper size  and Scale to fit should match postcard size.

After the batch has printed put back in so the printer prints on the other side; then:

Paper size = postcard

Paper handling = uncollated;

Pages to print = Even

Page order = Reverse

Destination Paper size  and Scale to fit should match postcard size.

Then sit back and smile and feel the relief!

Outcomes