AnsweredAssumed Answered

WebDirect Conditional Formatting refresh bug

Question asked by Jonathan Jeffery on Apr 3, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 by TSGal

Product and version : FM cloud 1.16.1.18

Browser and version : Tested on Safari 11 (Mac) and iE 11 (Windows) and Chrome 65 (Windows)

Hardware : Browser on various mac and windows desktops

Description :

I have a database with two tables, a session table and a data table.

Each logged-in user goes to a layout based on the session table, and uses a single session record.

There is a portal on this layout, showing records from the data table.

By clicking on a button on a portal row, that row's ID is used to set up a 'detail' relationship, and more fields for the selected record in a panel to the right of the portal.

The selected portal row is highlighted using conditional formatting.

Using web direct, say Ben logs in, he uses ben's session record, and selects record 3 from the portal for detail view.

Then, using web direct, Jon logs in, and uses jon's session record, and selects record 5 from the portal for detail view.

If Jon edits any field in record 5, as soon as he commits the record, the conditional formatting on Ben's browser refreshes (it flickers as the formatting is cleared and reapplied).

If Ben edits any field in record 3, as soon as he commits the record, the conditional formatting on Jon's browser refreshes.

This is true even though:

1. the ID field for the portal is not global, and so the values it holds are indexed in each separate session record.

2. the ID for the 'detail' relationship is not global, and so the value it holds is indexed in each separate session record.

3. Different session records and user, and different data records are selected for detail view.

4. the field edited and committed is not one displayed on the portal.

5. The two users are on different browsers on separate computers

In effect, Ben can tell when Jon has committed a change to a record, by seeing the flicker on his conditional formatting.

I have a simplified version of my file that I can share with you to illustrate the problem.

Outcomes