AnsweredAssumed Answered

Send mail via SMTP Server fails to upload attachment

Question asked by sr87 on Apr 4, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 by mikebeargie

Hello,

I have an application that launches a script on server (FMS 13) to send a bunch of e-mails via SMTP, each one with a PDF in attachment. These PDF's are generated by the client (FM Pro Advanced 13) and saved in the server Documents folder so that the server can see them. This has been working flawlessly for years, until today, when I noticed the e-mails went out (and reached their destination) without the attachment. There have been no updates to the Filemaker software. Client and server both run on Windows.

After a bit of debugging, I have learned the following:

- On the server, I can manually browse to the Documents folder and I can see the PDF files are all there.

- On the server, I can manually add or remove files to/from the Documents folder.

- On the server, The Get(DocumentsPath) function correctly returns the Documents folder path, but the Get(DocumentsPathListing) function returns empty.

- A simple test script running on the server which tries to export a .xlsx file to the Documents folder returns Error 800.

These findings lead me to conclude that somehow, the script running on the server can't access/read from/write to the Documents folder. Incidentally, the server Documents folder access privileges have recently been expanded (not by me) to allow a new user at the company to access it as well. Is it possible that something went wrong during this modification which now blocks Filemaker's access? If so, what could it be and how could this be fixed? I don't see any changes to my own access privileges on this folder, but I'm at a loss as to what else could be causing this issue. I'm getting pretty desperate as this is a crucial process which thousands of people rely on.

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes